How to Register for Classes
Get Ready: Registration Checklist
Here are tips for making the registration process go as smoothly as possible:
- Visit the Academic Calendar to find out when general registration will open for the upcoming semester.
- Check when your exact day and time to register is by going to the Enrollment Dates section of Albert.
- Search for classes on Albert.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your class schedule. Please note that without prior approval from your academic advisor or department, your credit load for January term will be limited to four units.
- Make sure you don’t have any registration holds that will block you from registering. Go to Albert > Holds.
- Update your contact information in Albert by going to Personal Info. To register for classes, you are required to have a current NYU Emergency Alert cell phone number and the number of a person to contact in the event of an emergency.
- Add your planned classes in Albert. Before your registration opens, you can add the classes you want to take to your Albert Shopping Cart. This is known as “validating” in Albert.
When you’re ready to register, go to Albert and either enroll in the classes you’ve already added to your shopping cart or search for and enroll in the class you want to take.
Review information about common holds and other issues that might be getting in the way of registering for classes.