Applying for Graduation
How to Apply
By the beginning of your final semester you should apply for graduation. Also, take note of the official deadlines to apply and other requirements below.
- Log in to NYU Albert
- Select your academic program
- Select the term you expect to graduate. Note: If there are no terms available, you are not eligible to apply, or you have already applied.
- Verify your information and submit your application
Once you have applied, you can check your application status in NYU Albert by clicking the “View My Graduation Status” under Academics.
Graduation Deadlines and Requirements
Students may officially graduate in September, January, or May, however, you must apply for graduation by the deadline listed below in order to be considered as a candidate.
You should also verify or update your expected date of graduation on NYU Albert. You can find this in the Academics section under Graduation.
You won’t be able to update your expected graduation term after you apply for graduation, which could impact your student record and financial aid. You can verify or update your expected date of graduation on NYU Albert in the Academics section under "Graduation."
In addition to your application deadline, you will have to meet the requirements deadline. All requirements associated with your graduation status must be satisfied by this date.
Some schools and departments could set earlier deadlines for some associated items. You can find out more about these deadlines through your school’s website, bulletin, or through your academic advisor.
If you do not meet your requirements before the deadline, you will have to reapply for graduation in the next term.
September 2022 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation Application: March 1, 2022 through June 12, 2022
- Requirements Deadline: September 25, 2022
- Graduation Date (Conferral): September 26, 2022
Fall 2022/January 2023 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation Application: July 1, 2022 through October 16, 2022
- Requirements Deadline: January 22, 2023
- Graduation Date (Conferral): January 23, 2023
May 2023 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation Application: November 1, 2022 through February 12, 2023
- Requirements Deadline: May 16, 2023
- Graduation Date (Conferral): May 17, 2023 (subject to change)
Please note: Students in the College of Dentistry, Stern School of Business (Graduate), School of Medicine, and School of Professional Studies (Non-Credit) should apply directly to their school.