Get Started with Training
All NYU.edu content authors are required to complete Content Accessibility training to receive and maintain access to the CMS. To meet this requirement, content authors must either:
- Attend an in person training session offered periodically during the year.
- Complete an online training course through NYU Brightspace and receive a passing quiz grade of 80 or higher.
Note: If you're not able to access the content accessibility training course in Brightspace then one of the following scenarios likely applies:
- A new CMS user account request was not submitted on your behalf. Reach out to a supervisor with CMS approver access so they can submit a request through ServiceLink on your behalf.
- A new CMS user account request was submitted, but not yet approved. New account requests may take up to two business days to be approved.
- You have already passed the required training course and have had your access removed, or already have an active CMS account.
Check Your Quiz Score
To receive credit for completing this training, you need a passing score of 80 or higher on the quiz. Don't forget to check your score after submitting it for grading; you can take the quiz as many times as needed.
- After completing your quiz, click the blue Submit Quiz button.
- You'll be taken to a submission confirmation screen; click the blue Submit Quiz button to receive your score.
- The confirmation screen will include a listing of the quiz questions, your responses, and your individual quiz score. Note: A passing score of 80 or higher is required.