Depending on the content strategy you have in place for updating your section of pages, annotations can be an easy way to communicate between multiple content authors responsible for the same pages.
- Create a new annotation for a component
- Right-click on the component and select "Annotate" from the menu; or
- Select "Annotate" from the toolbar above the component.
- Insert notes.
- Click the color wheel in the upper left-hand corner to customize the note color. Available colors:
- Adjust the note size by clicking and dragging the triangle in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Minimize note by clicking the - in the upper left-hand corner.
- Delete note by clicking the x in the upper right-hand corner.
With sketches, you can annotate your content directly on the page similar to drawing on a whiteboard. Highlight particular content areas or components to coordinate page updates with coworkers.
- Add an annotation to your page.
- Click the squiggle line in the upper left-hand corner of the note, to the right of the color wheel.
- The cursor will become a stylized a crosshair.
- Click and and hold to draw on your page, using the crosshair to navigate.
- When you're finished with your sketch, stop holding the click button on your mouse. Your sketch will refresh with a border and your cursor will become a directional crosshair.
- Click directly on your sketch and drag to relocate it on your page.
- To delete your sketch, click the x in the upper right-hand corner of the same note you used when first creating your sketch. This will delete the note and the associated sketch.