Resources & Student Life
As NYU students, visiting students have access to all the University has to offer outside of class. Below are just some of the resources and services visiting students can take advantage of while on campus.
NYU Campus Safety
- Phone: 212-998-2222
- NYU Campus Safety provides emergency help and information 24 hours a day. Guards are posted in most NYU buildings and patrol the campus area. University buildings with green lights outside the main entrance have guards on duty 24 hours a day, and emergency call boxes are located throughout campus. Students are encouraged to review the Safety & Security tips about safety on campus and to download the Safe NYU app for immediate access to Public Safety assistance and resources from their phone.
NYU Student Health Center
- Address: 726 Broadway, 3rd & 4th Floors
- The Student Health Center is available to all students for urgent care, illness, or injury. However, its services may not be covered by a student’s private insurance policy. Only international students are covered by NYU Student Health Insurance. All other students must have health insurance that meets the minimum threshold of coverage in New York City. All students are encouraged to carry their health insurance cards at all times in case of emergency.
NYU Wellness Exchange
- Phone: 212-443-9999
- The Wellness Exchange is available to all students 24 hours a day. It connects students to mental health and general wellness professionals who can provide assistance with day-to-day challenges, questions, and crises including depression, stress, and anxiety.
NYU Office of Global Services
- Address: 383 Lafayette Street
- The Office of Global Services (OGS) provides specialized support to NYU’s international students including immigration advising and guidance, reporting arrivals on campus, and more.
NYU Moses Center for Student Accessibility
- Address: 726 Broadway, 2nd Floor
- Students in need of support due to any kind of special need are encouraged to contact the Moses Center to register with that office prior to the start of class. The Moses Center determines a student’s qualified disability status and assists the student in obtaining appropriate accommodations and services.
NYU Residential Life & Housing Services
- Address: 726 Broadway, 7th Floor
- NYU Residential Life & Housing Services oversees campus housing at NYU. Students should contact NYU Housing with any questions about housing applications, housing assignments, residential halls, and other campus housing matters.
NYU Dining Services
- NYU Dining oversees the University’s many dining halls, cafes, and eateries. Visiting students living in campus housing are required to have a meal plan, and commuter students are welcome to enroll in a meal plan. However, students do not need to have a meal plan to use dining locations on campus.
NYU Card Center
- Address: 7 Washington Place
- All students must have a NYUCard, and there are instructions on how to submit your ID photo online. The NYUCard grants you access to NYU buildings, resources, and services. Your NYUCard is also your dining card if you have a meal plan, and can be used as a debit card on campus with Campus Cash.
NYU Bookstore & Computer Store
- Address: 726 Broadway
- The Bookstore and Computer Store are your one-stop-shop for textbooks, supplies, computer software and hardware, and NYU gear and souvenirs.
NYU Information Technology
- Phone: 212-998-3333
- NYU IT is NYU’s central office for technology services such as computer services, Internet resources, and access. Contact IT if you have trouble with a computer or Internet connection, need help with your netID, password, or NYUHome access, or have questions about computer labs and other tech resources.
NYU Athletic Facilities
- Palladium Athletic Facility: 140 East 14th Street
- 404 Fitness: 404 Lafayette Street
- Brooklyn: 6 MetroTech Center
- Athletic facilities are available free to all registered students. The facilities include cardio and weight equipment, a pool, a rock-climbing wall. Recreational and exercise classes are available at discounted rates.
Academic Resource Center
- Address: 18 Washington Place
- The Academic Resource Center has computer stations and single and group study spaces.
- Address: 70 Washington Square South
- NYU’s main library, Bobst Library, has open stacks, a media and music library, special archives, subject librarians, a computer lab, and floors of study space.
University Learning Center
- Address: 18 Washington Place and 110 E. 14th Street
- Come to the University Learning Center to meet with student tutors for particular courses, to get tips on study and research skills, and to use individual and group study spaces.
- Address: 411 Lafayette Street, 4th Floor
- The Writing Center allows students to receive guidance and consultation on papers and other writing projects in one-on-one sessions with writing faculty. Appointments must be requested and scheduled in advance.
- NYU Brightspace is the online learning management system used at NYU by many professors for class readings, assignments, and information. Not all instructors use the system, and students are encouraged to ask their professor if NYU Brightspace is being used for class.
Moses Center for Student Accessibility
- Address: 726 Broadway, 3rd Floor
- Students in need of support inside or outside of class must register with the Moses Center prior to the start of class. A counselor will evaluate your needs and put into place approved accommodation. A variety of support is available from assistance in class to alternative exams to special housing.
NYU Student Life
Visiting Student Events
- Visiting Student Advising offers a series of free events for visiting students during the fall, January, and spring terms. Event information is included in the newsletter students receive via NYU email throughout the term. If you have questions about an event or are not receiving the newsletter at your NYU email address, please contact email@example.com.
NYU Center for Student Life
- Address: 60 Washington Square South, 7th Floor
- The Center for Student Life is the headquarters for all student activity on campus, including student clubs and organizations, commuter student services, veteran student services, and community service opportunities.
NYU International Student Center
- Address: 60 Washington Square South, 7th Floor
- A part of the Center for Student Life, the International Student Center, offers events, support, and resources to NYU’s international student community.
NYU LGBTQ+ Center
- Address: 60 Washington Square South, 6th Floor
- NYU LGBTQ+ provides programs, events, and resources to support the LGBTQ+ community and its allies on campus.
NYU Center for Multicultural Education & Programs
- Address: 60 Washington Square South, 8th Floor
- NYU CMEP offers events, programs, and resources to empower, engage, and support students of color and those of marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds and their allies.
NYU Global Spiritual Life
- Address: 238 Thompson Street, 4th Floor
- Global Spiritual Life supports the religious and spiritual life of students of various denominations and beliefs, provides mindfulness and mediation resources on campus, and organizes multifaith events and programs.
NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development
- Address: 140 E. 14th Street, 2nd Floor
- The Wasserman Center provides students with resources, services, and programs to help them explore career options, create a résumé or cover letter, and find a job or internship on or off campus.
NYU Skirball Center & Box Office
- Address: 566 LaGuardia Place
- The Skirball Center is NYU’s main cultural center, offering talks, events, dance and drama performances, and film screenings throughout the year. NYU Box Office sells discounted tickets to concerts, sport events, Broadway and off-Broadway shows, and movie theaters. Students are encouraged to join the Box Office listserv to receive updates on available tickets and events.
NYU Events Calendar
- There are countless events happening around campus every term, and students may find information regularly posted on the online University events calendar.