Faculty Awards and Accomplishments
Read below for a sampling of awards and honors earned by NYU faculty in 2021-2022.
Two NYU faculty were awarded MacArthur "Genius" Grants:
- Nicole R. Fleetwood, James Weldon Johnson Professor of Media, Culture, and Communication in the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Victor Torres, C.V. Starr Professor of Microbiology in the Grossman School of Medicine
Four faculty members of the School of Law have been selected by President Biden to serve on the Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court:
- Bob Bauer, Professor of Practice and Distinguished Scholar in Residence
- Trevor Morrison, Dean and Eric M. and Laurie B. Roth Professor of Law
- Richard Pildes, Sudler Family Professor of Constitutional Law
- Michael Waldman, President of the Brennan Center for Justice
Jeff Cheeger, Silver Professor of Mathematics at the Courant Institute, was awarded the 2021 Shaw Prize in Mathematical Sciences.
Sydney Ludvigson, Silver Professor of Economics in the Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS), was named a 2021 Fellow of the Econometric Society.
Michael Carmine, Associate Arts Professor and Academic Director at the Kanbar Institute of Film and Television at the Tisch School of the Arts, received a Creative Arts Emmy Award in the category of Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series for his work on Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
Michael A. Lindsey, Martin Silver Professor of Poverty Studies at the Silver School of Social Work, received the Distinguished Contribution to Child Advocacy Award from The Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice.
Two faculty members from FAS were awarded the Rome Prize from the American Academy in Rome:
- Eugenio Refini, Associate Professor of Italian
- Robin Coste Lewis, Instructor in the NYU Paris Creative Writing MFA Program