As of November 15, 2021 we are no longer accepting new interest for Spring 2022 Study Away.
The Fall 22 and Academic Year 22 -23 Interest Form will be available early January 2022.
NYU Study Away Application Process
The application review is a holistic process that considers the complete academic record, application materials and unique program requirements submitted by each student. On this page you will find all the details needed to apply to study away for a semester or academic year with NYU Global Programs at an NYU global site.
- Registered as a full time student at an accredited US college or university
- Completed freshman year of study (two full semesters) and will be 18 or older prior to beginning of term away
- Suggested GPA of 3.0 or higher; students with lower GPA's are encouraged to provide insight to their academic goals in their application
- Students who have completed at least one year of college but are not presently enrolled or who have graduated are also eligible to apply; however, priority is given to students currently matriculated
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation are ineligible to study away
- Students currently on leave from their institution may be required to return to their home campus and successfully complete one academic semester (Fall or Spring) of full-time course work before enrolling in NYU Study Away; this is determined on a case-by-case basis
All visiting students are required to select two location preferences for study away. Please review this list to confirm the locations that are available:
- NYU Accra
- NYU Berlin
- NYU Buenos Aires
- NYU Florence
- NYU Madrid
- NYU Paris
- NYU Prague
- NYU Shanghai
- NYU Sydney (Next enrollment term is Fall 2022)
- NYU Tel Aviv
- NYU Washington
Note: NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU London, NYU Los Angeles Program, and NYU New York are available to NYU students only.*NYU Sydney plans to resume in-person instruction in Fall 2022.
Students should submit their application on or before the admissions deadlines posted below. We highly encourage students to apply by the Priority Decision deadline.
Fall Semester and Academic Year Application Deadlines
||March 15||March 30|
|Regular Decision||February 15||March 15||March 30|
|Rolling Admissions||After February 15*||April 1 (typically 2-4 weeks from date of submission)||as space remains available|
Spring Semester Application Deadlines
|International Exchange||September 15||October 15||November 1|
|Rolling Admissions||After September 15*||TBD (typically 2-4 weeks from date of submission)||as space remains available|
*Students who submit an application during these review phases will be admitted only as space remains available.
**Special note for students who wish to enroll at NYU Prague: Visa requirements set by the Czech government take up to 4 months to secure and process. Interested students should apply by the earliest possible deadline to enroll at NYU Prague.
Items Needed to Apply
In order to apply to study away for a semester or an academic year, we require the following information to consider your application complete:
- General Background Information- Name, Email, Address, etc
- Term Selection- Fall Semester or Spring Semester. Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semester) applicants should select Fall Semester.
- Top Three Location Preferences (per semester)
- Academic Details- Major, Class Standing, Anticipated Graduation Year
- Study Abroad Advisor Approval Form (from home institution)
- Citizenship Details
- Emergency Contact Information
- Location-Specific Details
Once you submit your application, you will have access to apply for additional optional opportunities (where available). Access to opportunities is based on your first choice location:
- Specialized Academic Program
- For-credit and Non-credit Internships
- Create an application ID as a first-time user
- Select the term you are applying to study away. You can select Fall Semester or Spring Semester. Students applying for a Full Academic Year (Fall & Spring should select the Fall Semester).
- Submit all required sections of the application
- Receive a confirmation email to access your individualized Enrollment Portal. It will take about 15-30 minutes to receive access to this page.
- Click the Enrollment Portal link and submit optional materials to be considered for scholarships, academic internships, and/or specialized programs for selected locations. Opportunities are based on first choice location selection. NOTE: Deadlines for many of these optional opportunities align with the Study Away Application deadline. Please plan ahead!
In addition to study away, here is a list of specialized programs visiting students can apply for:
Gallatin Program in Global Fashion (offered in Florence Only)
The Gallatin Program in Global Fashion gives undergraduate students at NYU Florence a comprehensive overview of fashion trends. The program draws from the rich cultures and histories from one of the main international hubs of fashion.
Study Away Internships
There are several academic and non-credit internship opportunities available while studying away at specific locations. If you have questions about an independent internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is encouraged to apply by the Priority Decision deadline to be considered for an academic internship.
Short Answer Questions
Academic Internship Program
In 250 words or less explain how the academic internship program in your selected location will connect to your professional and academic goals. Please indicate 3 different industry interest areas (ex: non-profits, marketing, advertising, etc.).
In order to be considered for a global internship program, you must first have your resume reviewed by a career coach at the Wasserman Center or the career center at NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai. This review must take place prior to uploading your resume.
Gallatin Program in Global Fashion (offered in Florence Only)
In 250 to 500 words address your academic and personal reasons for wanting to participate in the Gallatin Global Fashion program. Address how the courses and location will contribute to your understanding of fashion. Be sure to include any experience you may have had working in or studying the fashion industry.